Perioperative staff members care for you before, during and after surgery. "Caring Today, Preparing for Tomorrow", conveys our message that we are dedicated to providing the best possible nursing care for you during your surgical experience. Our team is committed to addressing the issues that affect the quality of today's nursing care. These team members deliver the true essence of nursing care, combining the technical scientific aspects of nursing, with respect and compassion for you, our patient.
Service Goals include the provision of:
- safe patient care throughout the continuum of care in the Surgical Center
- high quality care with optimal patient outcomes
- a Christian atmosphere
- highly trained and competent staff
- efficient processes to support the care of the patient
- state-of-the-art facilities
- cost -effective care
Our "State of the Art" operating rooms consist of nine (9) different surgical and procedural suites:
- 5 Main operating suites
- 2 Cardiovascular operating suites
- 2 Endoscopy suites
- 1 C-Section suite
- 1 Cystoscopy suite
Our team of board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists is prepared to treat both inpatient and outpatient procedures. Our professional staff of 81 employees consists of:
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical First Assistants
- Certified Surgical Technicians
- Nursing Assistants
- Laboratory/EKG technicians
- Sterile Processing Technicians
- Surgical Schedulers
- Education/Clinical management
- Ancillary Staff
Certifications include CNOR, CST, SFA, ACLS, and PALS
It is important for you, the patient, to know that our perioperative team members have the knowledge, expertise, and competence to keep you safe during your surgery. Our "TIME OUT" program consists of each team member asking a series of questions to verify that you are the correct patient and you are having the correct procedure. The team members will ask:
1. What procedure you are having--this question verifies the correct procedure.
2. For your full name-- this verifies the correct patient.
3. For your date of birth--This is a second identifier to ensure correct patient safety.
Your safety is our number one goal! Your correct procedure "Site" will be marked by your surgeon. We encourage you, the patient, to help us in this important process.
The staff at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills Surgical Services wish to "Thank You" in advance for entrusting your care to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments. Our director, Caroline Whitis, RN, CNOR, can be reached by calling (813) 788-0411 ext. 2370 or by e-mail email@example.com